Creating your own Ready Player Me avatar and importing it to Animaze takes just a few minutes. Here's how to get started.
- Go to animaze.readyplayer.me and click on Create avatar. On the next page, you can specify your body type or choose to skip it.
- Take or upload a photo that will be used to generate your avatar. You can choose to continue without a photo and use a pre-generated avatar.
- Customize your avatar's outfit, hair, eyes, and more. Ready Player Me features over 300 customization options, with new ones coming every week.
- When you're ready, click Done. You can choose to sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date with new features and the latest integrations.
Next, click Copy and paste the link in the web browser's address bar to download your avatar as a GLB file.
- If you don't have the Animaze app installed yet, you can get it for free from the Steam Store.
Next, go to your Steam Library and make sure that the Tools section is enabled. Then look for the Animaze Editor and launch the app.
- In the Animaze Editor, click Assets and then Import 3D Object. Pick your Ready Player Me avatar GLB file and click Import.
This step can take a while. Don't worry if the app is not responding. When your avatar is imported, click OK.
- To export your avatar, right-click on the avatar file in the panel on the left and select Bundle. Pick a location where you want to save the .avatar file and click OK.
- Open the Animaze app from Steam. You can find it in the Software section of your Steam Library.
- Go to the Avatar Gallery and select the Imports tab. Press the button with a + sign and select the .avatar file with your Ready Player Me avatar.
That's it! You can start using your Ready Player Me avatar with Animaze for streaming and video calls!
Animaze makes it easy to swap the default avatar textures. If you want to modify your avatar, learn more about retexturing here. And if you need help with setting up a stream using Animaze, you can join their Discord.
If you want to create a new avatar or add changes to your existing one, head over to animaze.readyplayer.me.